What personal information do we collect and why?
- We may collect personal information about you (such as your first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number), directly from you, when you use our Websites, over the phone, by letter or email.
- We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected (or otherwise as required or authorised by law). This may include using your personal information for the following purposes:
- to undertake customer service activities, such as responding to any queries, comments or complaints you may have;
- to administer our Website services, including processing any searches or requests for information about our products or services;
- to maintain and develop our business systems, including testing and upgrading them;
- to enable us to monitor, review and improve our products and services and communicate with you about them;
- to process and collect payment from you for any products or services provided through our Website (which may include on behalf of any third party providers of our products or services);
- for our administrative purposes and for internal record keeping;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations; and
- for any other specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected.
- From time to time, we may also contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information about new products or services or special offers and promotions. We will allow you to opt in before receiving any unsolicited content. If you do opt in, we will also give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such direct marketing or market research content.
- If you do not want your personal information to be collected, please do not submit it to us. Please note that if you elect not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services, products or information you require.
Do we share or disclose personal information?
- For the purposes we have described, we may disclose your personal information:
- to our suppliers and our third party contractors and providers of goods and services;
- to our professional advisers such as legal or accountancy firms;
- insurance companies;
- market research
- to anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us, where your personal information is processed and/or stored;
- to anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred;
- where you have otherwise consented;
- as otherwise required or authorised by law; and
- any other recipient which is notified to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the persons and organisations to whom we disclose personal information are bound to protect the privacy of that personal information. Please note that some of the persons to whom we disclose personal information may be situated outside New Zealand. Our Websites and systems may also be based on servers located outside of New Zealand.
How do we protect your personal information?
- We take reasonable measures to ensure the security of your personal information that is held by us from such risks as loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We remind you, however, that if you send information to our Websites, the Internet is not a secure environment and although all reasonable care is taken, we cannot warrant or guarantee the security of information you provide to us via electronic means.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
- If you identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, or you need to make a change to or would like to verify such information, please contact us so that we may update our records. Our contact information is set out in paragraph 17 below.
- Where you request details of your personal information and the information requested is not readily retrievable, we may charge a reasonable fee for the cost of accessing or retrieving that information. We note that we are not required to provide access to information in certain situations, but if we refuse access, we will give you our reasons for doing so.
Advertising and third party links
For how long do we hold personal information?
- We will keep your personal information for only as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it.
Questions or Comments or to Contact Us